Monday, March 10, 2008

New York City!

I just got back last night from a GIRLS ONLY, 5 day vacation in the big apple! It was so fun! There were 8 of us girls, and we just had a blast. I'll give you a quick overview of my vacation:

On Thursday, we went to "Live with Regis and Kelly". I wrote in 3 months ago and got 8 tickets. Unfortunately, we sat in really bad seats and didn't really get on TV. Oh well, I was having a bad hair day anyway.




Chrissie and Michele





This is
my friend Jill who got picked to
be the Yetti Dancer. I am the one taking
this picture. Watch the video to see me talking
to Kelly.




On Friday morning about 3 am, we all woke up to a huge, loud BOOM! I
mean, we all jumped up. We found out the next morning that an explosion had gone off in time square (where we stayed). No one was hurt thank goodness
*Friday was a big shopping day. Walked, talked and shopped all day! Oh yeah, we ate a lot too!


Saturday, you guessed it! MORE SHOPPING! We hit canal street this time and shopped for scarves, purses and jewelry.




All of our new purses!


Sunday we went to church and sadly, we had to go home. I was excited to get back to my family though. Can't wait to do it again.


I have been to NYC several times. We even lived in Manhattan for 3 months in 2004. My favorite all time thing to do in NY is Broadway Theatre. Here is my Broadway review from this trip:



JERSEY BOYS!
I Loved Jersey Boys! It's the story Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. The only bad part was that it has A LOT of swearing!


Me & Christian Hoff from Jersey Boys.
LOVE HIM!












Another Jersey Boy!









SPAMALOT

Silly humor, laughed because it was so dumb.
The fun part was our friend Betty was brought on stage
and got to meet the cast and get a picture with Clay Aiken.










LOVED MARY POPPINS!


















LEGALLY BLONDE
Our favorite! Laughed from beginning to end!

Perfect play for 8 girls in NYC.



















We got a vanilla almond steamed milk from starbucks every night!
And didn't go to bed until 2 or 3 every morning.
Can you say TIRED!
*************************************************************************************


And now....




A moment of silence please...




For MY GUY...




Who we did not get to see in person...




But felt in spirit...



DEREK JETER!















9 comments:

Chris Sambrano said...

Wow! You guys did a lot in a short period of time. So glad you had a good time. One day I'll get to the Big Apple. Love the pictures! Talk to you more about your trip. Love you lots, mom

Sundbergs said...

I am so jelous. I love New York. I need a trip just like that.

Michelle Arnett said...

LET ME JUST SAY I AM JEALOUS! How fun! I didn't even know you were going. That's great

Liza Jane said...

What a fun trip! I'm so excited to go in May....

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast! Who did you go with? What a great trip. I want to go next time!

Jen-ben said...

Soooo...you really want another bunny that someone could paint- and then the bunny will die a day later huh?

Mindy said...

hey girl! looks like you had so much fun!!!! LUCKY!!! join my blog!!!

http://thenieswenderfamily.blogspot.com/

Susan B said...

Michele
I love NYC!! I want to take Tara so bad, but she keeps having kids. Ha
Remember when Jeff saw Nathan on his mission there when he took the subway? It makes me laugh thinking about it.
Susan

Steelefamily said...

I am soooo JEALOUS! You do such fun stuff!