Thursday, March 3, 2011

Florida Trip

Jaydan and I just recently took a quick trip to sunny Florida to visit Nicole and her fam! The main reason I went out was because we ran in the Disney Princess half marathon.  We've  been training for this race for a few months now and boy am I glad it's over! My good friend Peggy talked me into doing this with her so I set the goal and started training.  I could barely run 3 miles when I started.  I know there are so many natural runners out there who love to run run run.  Ummmmm, let's just say, I'm NOT that person!  Don't love running, never got the runners high, and my toenail fell off.  This took a lot of dedication and hard work on my part!  It feels so good to set a challenging goal and accomplish it though!  I didn't get the BEST time, or come in first place, but I crossed that finish line and I experienced a rush of emotion I have never felt before! I'm so glad I got to share in this experience with my twin sis and my dear friend peggy who is like a sis to me!  I can't forget my little man, Jaydan who was the first person to come up and hug me after my race.  He said, "mom I am so proud of you! You made it!"  Those words coming from my sweet 11 yr old son mean more to me, and have such a deeper meaning than he could ever know.  What would I do without that little guy!

 "Achievement...It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." – Edmund Hillary



Michele and Peggy

Mom and Jaydan

Taking a quick detour during the race to take a pic with these hottie race car drivers!

Finished!!
Trae, Jaydan and Brody! Supporting their mommas!

This is what you do after a half marathon...lay on the couch and watch sports center with aunt Shelly.  I love my sweet little Ryah!!
These boys fished all day everyday right in Nicole's backyard!

I love this little girl so much!!

Let's not forget our friend, Mr. snake, who decided to show up IN Nicole's house! And the screams coming from two grown women no one should ever have to witness!

3 comments:

Nikki Moshier said...

Lol who can forget our little friend mr snake? and who can forget that couch dive when Casey tried to scare us!

Ashley said...

So cool Michele! How fun that you got to experience that with your sister :) I was training for a half marathon a few years ago. I got up to 9 miles and then hurt my knee. That ended my training. I've always felt bad that I didn't ever accomplish that goal!

A SNAKE in her house!?!? I remember freaking out when I found a tree frog in my house when I lived there. I don't know what I would've done if I had found a SNAKE! Nightmares for months!!!

Chris Sambrano said...

So so proud of you and Nikki for starting and finishing a goal you set a few months ago to do this half marathon:) My babies are so adorable! Ok, we're going to Nikki's in April and now with Mr. Snake, I'm having second thoughts!!!! I'm terrified of snakes!