Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Real Life Fairytale...or something kind of like that


ONCE UPON A TIME...there was a beautiful princess, with long brown hair and not a care in the world.  She could sleep in whenever her heart desired and her meals were magically prepared for her every night.  She used to be able to consume whatever she wanted without ever gaining a pound and the words mortgage and grocery list were just words she'd only ever heard other people speak about.  The princess used to day dream of being a grown up and how wonderful life would be! Well, now the princess is all grown up and wakes up each glorious day to the sound of...
.mom mom mom mom mom mom momma momma momma momma momma mother mother mother mother mom mom mom mom mom!...ouch she hit me! where's my homework? I need new cleats for baseball! the toilet's over flowing! I hate this dinner! my bearded dragon needs more crickets! I'm hungry! mom mom mom mom momma momma momma mom mom mom...

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

haha..ok this is a little exaggerated! Obviously I'm not a real princess you guys!
But sometimes, I do feel like my life is a circus! I'm sure like most moms I feel like I'm juggling several different things at once.  There is never a dull moment in the Newman house that's for sure!
So last week was a very busy one for us! Jaydan started baseball again, and I start my job as team mom again. I spent a fun filled day at court as I was picked to be on a jury of 6 people! What are the odds? It was a very interesting experience actually. The case was my worst nightmare, but the whole process was a good experience. Besides working, most of my time has been primarily focused on getting our house in tip top shape to sell...because...we are moving!!  Yes, I have decided to leave beautiful Colorado and move to Arizona so the kids can live closer to their dad. (Jeff was transferred to AZ for work)  I know this is the best thing for my children and is a small sacrifice on my part.  I am so excited for this new adventure in our lives!  We won't be moving until the kids are out of school, so I have plenty of time to prepare for the big move! I love how Cassidy put it..she said, "mom, are we just writing another chapter in our life book? Luv that!  
 Yes, just another chapter in our book of life! We'll keep you posted...

There are so many things I'm going to miss about Colorado...

Goodbye Nuggets, Broncos, Rockies, Avs


Goodbye Red Rocks Ampitheatre..Def Leppard and Journey was an awesome concert!  I will miss running these stairs! 

Goodbye snow forts..I will not miss you

Goodbye skiing...I would rather be on the lake wakeboarding anyways!

Goodbye Colorado court room forever!
Jury room
Goodbye GiGi's cupcakes..you really helped me through some hard times!!

Ok this one stays with me forever!

I can't even think about or bear the thought of saying goodbye right now to the most important people in my life yet.  The friends who have been there for me through 10 birthdays, two births of my babies, vacations together, many girls nights out, and days when I couldn't even get out of bed because of sadness and heartache...they were there.  It will be very hard to leave them!  Can't wait see what my new adventure has in store for me! Maybe a husband perhaps?? who knows! Heat! I know that for sure! Another thing I know for sure...
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND THE BEST IS YET TO BE!





6 comments:

the Lola Letters said...

So excited for you! Oooo that Arizona sun will be nice! Can't wait to see what life has in store for you beautiful girl!

Michelle Arnett said...

EWWW I LOVE this post!!! MOMMMM, MOMMM< MOMMMMMMA....HAHA. I am so doing that to you at 6 am while we are in Huntington Beach:) LOL. LOVE YOU LADY

Chris Sambrano said...

Ya, there were many days that "mom" rang thru my ears like no other!!! I thought I would just go out of my mind if I heard it just one more time:) But, if I had to do it all over again, I would without even the slightest hesitation. Being a mother was and still is the only thing I ever wanted in this life:) It would be great if I could start over with the knowledge I have now and then I wouldn't have made so many mistakes but....I wouldn't have grown as much either. Hang in there momma, you are doing awesome and I'm so proud of what you have accomplished these past couple of years even though life has really been hard. You have overcome many obstacles and will continue to overcome many more. Love you lots!!

Shana said...

Ok umm... those cupcakes look delish! ;) and I totally understand about the chaotic life of being a mother! Lol... sometimes I wish I could put ear plugs in, lock the bathroom door and climb into a hot steamy bath while reading some juicy novel! ;) lol, but that's not life. And being a mom is the best and Michele, that is a huge sacrafice on your part to move yourself and your children and the home you have so that they can be close to their dad. That is a very kind thing for you to do and I hope your ex and your children appreciate the person and mother you are! :) you are amazing. How fun for you to start a new adventure!! And in sunny AZ! ;) what could be better!?? You're awesome!! Good luck! I sure hope you find that prince charming when you get settled!

Ala.miracleMom said...

You are always a princess to me! Or better yet, a queen. Emily educated me on the difference - a princess has to be pampered always - usually spoiled and self absorbed. A queen however is a very amazing woman - capable, empowered, and in charge of her life with all its challenges.
So ... you've graduated, Princess Michele, into the ultimate woman. And WHAT A GAL!
We'll be seeing you in Arizona. Especially in winter time.
Hugs and kisses

Kacy said...

Michelle, you have got to be the strongest person I know. You are such a wonderful mother and your kids are so blessed to have you. I am not sure I could give up everything to move to where my EX was. In fact, I was excited to move out of utah to be away from my oldest sons Dad. Call me horrible. I hope Arizona brings you happiness and possibly a new hubby. You are too cute to be alone for long.