Thursday, November 4, 2010

just a side note...

Well, it seems that one or two of my posts have gotten a little more attention recently.  First of all, I just want to say that I appreciate every single opinion and comment from everyone! A blog would be boring if no one else added their input right? Most of the time I get great input, and sometimes I get bad input.  Today it's been from people I don't even know and has been a little hurtful. Quite a few personal messages today.

I just want to clarify that my recent post was not about eating disorders and I was not down playing the seriousness of that topic. I apologize if it came off that way and thank you for bringing it to my attention.  Also, it was not my intention to make this last post seem as if women (or me) NEED to hear compliments to feel beautiful. Most of us don't need it, we like it.
I teach my daughters everyday that they are daughters of God and He will always love us for who we are no matter what.  It absolutely does not matter how many people tell you how amazing and pretty you are or how many compliments you receive, if you do not have the affirmation in your heart that you are a daughter of God or feel happy with who you are, then you're right, a compliment will only last for a moment and then be forgotten about.
 When I write my blog posts, sometimes I am writing what I happen to be feeling at that moment.  I 100% believe that compliments, especially from the person we love, are food for our soul.  Kind of goes back to the book, The Five Love Languages.  One of my love languages happens to be words of affirmation.  I like to be told.
Sometimes we know we are daughters of God.  Sometimes we have  had God witness his love for us and we are so happy with who we are on the inside and out...but even so..sometimes the little girl in us just wants the man we adore and love to whisper in our ear and tell us we are the most beautiful woman in the world.

Thank you for your comments and for being interested in my posts and my crazy little life!!  Now, I am going to get back to eating my children's Halloween candy and folding laundry.  Have a wonderful night!
Michele

"I can live for two months on a good compliment." Mark Twain

5 comments:

Chris Sambrano said...

Amen! Very well said:)

Chris Sambrano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki Moshier said...

YES ABSOLUTELY!!!!! We are all human after all! Every women loves to feel special and adored by the man they love. Amen sis! I think it is so healing to blog and speak from your heart. This is YOUR blog and you can write whatever is on your mind! If people take it the wrong way then that's too bad, But it's not your fault. This is your journal, and you should be able to write what you want so later on you can go back and read about things you were going through at that time in your life. Nobody is forced to read your blog so if they don't like it then DON'T READ IT!!!!!!

Sundbergs said...

I aggree. I thought your tootsie roll story was funny. I aggree with nicole it's you blog. love ya girl.

Michelle Arnett said...

My method is eating their candy AS FAST AS POSSIBLE to get it out of the house!!!!! Gosh I have a serious problemo! PS. I LOVE the post.