Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lila & Lola...Double Trouble=Double Love

It has been said that twins skip a generation. Well, my grandma is an identical twin, and sure enough, it skipped a generation! The difference is, my sister and I aren't identical.
It isn't very often I get to see my grandma and Nana (Lila and Lola) because they live in CA. But, they came to Utah a few weeks ago while I was out visiting with the kids. I'm so glad my kids got to meet their wonderful "great twins." They are the funniest little ladies you will ever meet in your life!
When they were younger, they used to be show girls and dance and sing. They were known as the famous Baker Twins. I remember going to Angels stadium every summer with my grandma and now have a love for baseball because of it. And still, at 31 yrs old, I get sung happy birthday from those two every single year.
Two wonderful women, who have been an example and inspiration to me.
I love them so much! xoxo



4 generation picture



My kids with GG, and Nana


Cassidy with the twins


Cassidy absolutely fell in love with her great grandma!

4 comments:

TheShippenFamily said...

They are so cute, and I love their matching outfits!

Chris Sambrano said...

I am so glad you were able to be there when grandma and nana were up here too. We are down to the last few years we will have them here on earth with us so these pictures will be cherished.

Shana said...

You are sooo lucky to have them around!! They are identical and very beautiful ladies!! They look so young and good!! You will Cherish those pictures!

Jennie L said...

HI! My name is Jennie Larsen from Payson UT. I am with my dad and we came across your blog trying to find my dads famous aunts Lila and Lola the Baker Twins! It was so neat seeing pictures of them on your blog. Are they still alive? We are taking my father (Gene Flaker) to California for a trip and are trying to find family for him to connect to. We would LOVE to connect with them if possible. My email is jennie.beachmasters@gmail.com If you google "The Shade Wagon", that's my company and my picture in on there just so you know I'm not some weird random person! Any information you can send me would be so appreciated. THANKS!