Monday, August 23, 2010

For my Cassidy...

Last night Cassidy brought something to my attention that was bothering her. She informed me that since she was the middle child, she was not as loved. She went on to explain that since Jaydan was the only boy, he gets a ton of attention, and since Kayleigh was the baby, she gets tons of attention. And she was feeling left out.
Of course I almost started to cry, and I hugged her and explained that I loved her so much, and I loved each of them equally. I knew that she was listening to what I said, but she wasn't buying it. I sat on the couch and held my little girl in my arms and started telling her about the day she was born.
The truth is... a mother has never wanted or loved a little girl more than I wanted a baby girl. When I first held her tiny little fingers and kissed her dark, full head of hair, something in my heart changed.
For the next half hour we talked about why she is so loved, and how my life would not be complete without her.
So, today, it's just for Cassidy.











4 comments:

Kayla and Austen said...

So precious! She's such a beautiful girl, as are you :)

Chris Sambrano said...

Awwww! I tell you, having only one child would be so much easier but we would not learn the things we are to learn as much. You're such a wonderful mom, Michele, and Cassidy is so lucky to have you. I love you!

Nikki Moshier said...

I love how she can express her feelings like that to you. I know Brody feels left out alot, but he doesn't ever come out and say it. Aww I love Cassidy she's so special. Give her kisses for me!

Shana said...

OH, this was such a sweet post Michele!! I loved it. You have a gorgeous middle child that is loved so very much!!! I sometimes wonder if Daxton feels that way too... I am a middle child and sometimes I felt it when I was growing up. You are a great momma!