Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Beloved DAISY 2002-2009

Tonight was a sad night in the Newman home. Most of you know our wonderful dog Daisy. We got Daisy when Jaydan was 2 years old, and they have been best friends ever since.
Unfortunately, the past few days, Daisy has been acting very sick. It finally got to the point where we had to take her to the vet tonight and they gave us the bad news that she was having severe kidney failure and would not make it thru the night. We made the decision as a family to put her down. We took a few last pictures of us telling our girl Daisy goodbye. Jaydan took it the hardest. Daisy sleeps in Jaydan's bed and under the covers with him every night, so they have a very special bond. The process was quick and painless and very peaceful. Even tho it was very sad, the kids understand that Daisy's spirit is now happier. Cassidy even made the comment that at least Daisy gets to go play with James now. We will never forget the special times we had with our girl Daisy...







11 comments:

Michelle Arnett said...

how so very very sad. I am so sad for your family. I loved Daisy. She was the best doggie. What a sweet dog. And how sweet of Cassidy to remember my james. We love you guys!!!

Shannon said...

OH MY GOODNESS DAISY!!! My heart is breaking for Jaydan poor little guy!! He did love that dog.

Chris Sambrano said...

Oh my heart goes out to you guys, especially my little guy, Jaydan. He loved Daisy so much. It was his first dog and Daisy will always be very special in his heart.

Nikki Moshier said...

Michele! I am bawling right now! I can't take those pictures :( I can't believe it, poor Daisy :( Poor Jaydan :( Call me..

Emnacnud said...

i am so sorry, i don't know what else to say than that has already been said, but know our hear hurts for your family and i am sure daisy is playing with james and any other little one up there.

Sundbergs said...

So sad. I hope the kids are doing alright. Those things are hard.

Ashley said...

Oh Michele that is SO sad! =(

Tara said...

That is so sad. I just got done reading the book Marley and me and it fits what you are going through right now! Have you seen the movie. How are you guys doing? I am so sorry for jaydan.

Joyce Hanchett said...

Ohhh, sad day! I am sorry to hear about sweet Daisy. We love you guys.

Liza Jane said...

I'm so sorry! Daisy was such a nice dog.

Willis Family said...

That is soo sad. I am so sorry for your beautiful family. We loved Daisy too, she was such a sweet dog.