Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meet the newest members of the Newman Family

Well, we didn't go too long without getting a new dog for our family. We just loved Daisy so much, we couldn't bear to not have another big dog running around. So, we still have our little Shi Tzu DJ (which is of course short for Derek Jeter) and we just adopted a 6 month old Chocolate Lab/Siberian Husky Mix from the animal shelter. His name is Sawyer. We just love him! The first week with him was a little rough to say the least (just ask Jason and Jessica Carter) but I think he is starting to become familiar with us and his surroundings. Cassidy also adopted a baby gecko and Jaydan now has a new pet rat as well. So, if you want to take your kids on a field trip, just come to our house. We are a full on zoo!!



6 comments:

Michelle Arnett said...

What a cute doggie! Love you!

Chris Sambrano said...

Oh my! You have a lot of animals now. I could do without the gecko and the rat though! I'm not a fan of rodants and reptiles. Love you all and miss you.

The Carters said...

Has it figured out the bark collar yet? Or does it keep torturing itself? Haha. He's a cute puppy! I think he was just nervous because he was in a new place. He'll get better.

K. Laura said...

My kids would be jealous if they knew you have 2 dogs and a lizard and they have no pets at all! You are a GOOD sport to put up with all those dogs. I guess some people are dog people and some people are not and I definitely fall into the later category. I'm sorry to hear about Daisy--she was a great dog, as far as dogs go. ;-) Love you!

Anonymous said...

That great that you've got some new blood running around the house! I think it's awesome that Cassidy has a gecko!

Linz&jon said...

oh my you do have aton of animals. a rat? sick. and i'm still mad you had to name that cute dog sawyer.