Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stepford Wife Syndrome???


The other day I went to lunch and the mall with my sister-in-law and my sisters. I noticed something this particular day. I noticed girls, I noticed beautiful girls with their perfect hair, perfect couples with their perfect cars. Perfect babies with their perfect bows in their perfect stroller with their perfect mom in her perfect Uggs with her perfect makeup and her perfect body walking around like robots. Maybe I was feeling like this cause I looked and felt like crap! Or maybe, we THINK other people are perfect with perfect lives so we think we need to be perfect too?! How many times do we find ourselves idolizing someone at church, or our neighbor next door. A lot! It's time to get raw! I need to start loving me, pulling all the wires out and taking back natural! I'm going to try this for a while. I'm going to be perfect for myself for once and not worry what others think for a while. I'm going to become my own stepford wife today! So, yes, it's final then, I'm staying in my sweats, and taking Kayleigh to Walmart in her pajamas!

9 comments:

Nikki Moshier said...

It's so true seriously. Who cares what others think. Nobody is perfect, even if they appear to be! I love the slide show by the way.

Michelle Arnett said...

Yay for you! I love tha all natural. . . no matter how natural you are, you are still drop dead gorgeouso. Michele, You know I love you from the bottom of my heart. I love that I can call you sister. I loved this post. I needed to hear it! Loves! See you in a few weeks!

Chris Sambrano said...

Amen to that one! I think us Mormon gals really get into that syndrome. We need to love ourselves the way we are and then we can love everyone else and be there for our loved ones. I love you!

Ashley said...

I couldn't agree more. So true.

Willis Family said...

I love this post. It's soooo true! I love that you are focusing on YOU. ME TOO, cause we rock! I love you to pieces Michelle, you are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Michele, Awesome! :)

Steelefamily said...

I always take Brooke out in her PJs. She is always georgeous. I love nothing more then a girl with a bball cap on and she is still strutting! miss you

Mama Winter said...

haha your so cute. well i always go shopping in my sweats and hair in a bun. haha. when church people see me they dont even recognize me. haha its awesome :)

the Lola Letters said...

Yay for jammies, Walmart, and keepin' it real!