Tuesday, July 28, 2009





I would like to start off by saying how grateful and blessed I feel to have such wonderful family and friends who love and support my family unconditionally!
Sadly, I also feel that some judgment has been passed recently...
As in most situations, it is very easy to speculate and give opinions on what could have and should have been done. I guess I realize this because I have done this to other people myself. I realize now that I was absolutely wrong for passing judgment, or speculating on someone or something that I had no idea what was really going on. The fact of the matter is, unless you have walked in that persons shoes, no one should be passing judgment on someones situation. Or saying, "they're justified in getting a divorce, but they're not." Which is a saying I have heard a few times now.
The last thing I want is for this post to sound mean. It's just hurtful to hear things and judgmental comments during an already extremely painful time.
With that said....
We have had a great summer so far, and I'm so sad it is quickly coming to an end! We have been spending almost everyday at a pool a water park or the movies. Entertaining kids is a full time job! I'm just having such a great time with my family and old friends!

I can't forget to mention my little rodeo cowgirl Cassidy who won first place in mutton bustin at the rodeo last week! I'll post a pic later

11 comments:

Chris Sambrano said...

It's been wonderful having you here and seeing the kids for the summer. It will be fun next week while we are all on vacation with my side of the family for one last time this summer. I love you and are proud of you and how you are handling all this. :)mom

Nikki Moshier said...

Let um judge. Hold your head up high! I wish I could be there. I need my sisters. I miss my family :(

Ashley said...

I totally agree that people should not judge unless they've walked in that persons shoes. (Not that I have never been guilty of doing that before.) But yah, we each know what is the best decision for OUR OWN situation. Don't worry about what other people think. It is not our place to judge. You can only go with your heart and what you FEEL and KNOW is right for you. Best wishes for you and your kiddos!

Fauset Photography said...

Amen sistah!!!

Willis Family said...

I'm sorry you're going through this Michele. It's not fair and it's not right. People's true colors come out in these sort of situatons and being from a divorced family, I can say I totally understand the "judgements"...someone once told me..."the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..." What the heck is that all about? Each person's experience is their own...no one but Christ knows what you are going through...hence why he is the judge. You are an amazing person and both you and Jeff have been such great friends to Adam and I. We love you guys...hang in there.
Mary

Michelle Arnett said...

We LOVE you! Come what may, we will forever be sisters tied at the heart. I know you guys have carefully walked this path. It's not a path I have tread, just like you have never once judged me for the way I handled losing James, I too will never judge you for this. I LOVE YOU and Jeff.

Shana said...

Michele,
I am sorry there has been judgement and you are soooo right. Until people walk in your shoes, they will NEVER know. I have actually said that to a few people that have judged me. But let them judge and they will be the ones feeling bad later. Just be happy and walk forward and do what you think is best for you and your family! Glad you are having a good time. :)

Anonymous said...

You are completely right Michele. No one knows unless they walk the walk. And, I'm glad you and the kids are having a fun summer, that is something worth holding on to, and congrats to Cassidy!

Steelefamily said...

Great pics. I wish I was there for the fun!

a10cowwoman said...

It is tough to have others ignorantly judge you. During both my sisters' divorces people in their wards judged and gossiped. One group of sisters even started rumors that it was my sister that was living lossely and sleeping around which is so far from the truth if anyone even slightly knows her. The very R.S. sisters that should have been there to support her were tearing her down. Pathetic. Anyone who knows you Michele knows that you do not take your temple covenants lightly nor that this divorce was one sided. Christ knows your heart; know that and hold your head high.

Merrilee said...

Love you to death! You look fabulous and happy... I saw that darling boy on facebook...must know more! Love you! Merrilee