Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Eyed Willy

As if my life isn't crazy enough... My dog had to go and lose an eye!
I'll make a long story short:
Our big dog Sawyer and the little dog DJ were rough housing last Friday. Sawyer got too rough and bit the back of Dj's neck and severed the muscles from his left eye. I got home and noticed that my dogs eye was almost hanging out of his eye socket. After I screamed and almost fainted, I took him to the vet and he got surgery the next morning. They could not save the eye.
Sadly, we took Sawyer to the pound because he was just too rough for our family. All turned out fine, DJ is doing great, and the kids now call him "One eyed Willy".

7 comments:

Nikki Moshier said...

poor Dj. Gosh Kayleigh is getting so big.

Michelle Arnett said...

Poor Doggy! That really stinks!!!

Chris Sambrano said...

Well, DJ and Missy (our cat) can have something in common. Missy has been one-eyed since 2005 and done fine. It's just when people come to our house have to look twice and they think it's weird. Oh well, I love her:)

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh that is so sad! That would have freaked me out too.

Linz&jon said...

ah that is the worst story!

a10cowwoman said...

That is crazy and sad. Poor DJ.

Steelefamily said...

That is so sad:( One eyed animals always creep me out. Poor puppy. Did I ever comment on your other blog. You are such an over achiever and I want to copy all your ideas. I almost called you for help on a lesson:)